Difficulties when errors occur with packet filter or verification only process

Begonnen von TUK, August 31, 2014, 19:18:37

« vorheriges - nächstes »

TUK

Hi,

I did not join, last time, the log of the file presenting ~75000 errors ( see jpeg snapshot) because it was a log of 35 Mo !
I suppressed in this file most of the lines such "TS  ERROR  : For PID 00DC, invalid packet 00E38772! Error: sync_byte_error to get a reasonable size.

I hope that's will help you ?

Cypheros

This recording is very demaged. As you can see, the paket numbers are consecutive. So there are bigger areas of demaged data.

Try to copy the original recording to your local hard disk (C:\) and if open this local copy and create a new file, make sure you write it back to the same local drive (C:\). Make a check of the resulting file and tell me if this file is demaged, too.

TUK

Hi,

- Always on the same original record, I did as you suggested, further tests as follow on both C drive and in addition with an internal HDD. I transferred then my original record ( stored on my external WD HDD ) on these 2 drives. I made then a check of the transferred file before applying the routine and after.
- Test results in terms of warnings/errors are shown in the first image ( test_summary. It shows :
       * a large improvment when using C or Internal drives instead of external HDD.
       * No difference between C or the internal HDD
       * something I do not understand : The results after processing ( 17 warnings/11 errors) becomes 0 warning and only 3 errors after checking the "fixed" file, Why ?

It seems that this check do more than checking : I noticed in log after check test of the original record the following :
Working in M2TS mode with 192 byte packets!
Pakets will be converted from 192 byte packets to 188 byte packets!
File size: 4626614592
Packets  : 24096951  etc....

and also at the end of the log :  "Discarded packets (not needed): 1627269 , Discarded invalid packets : 19 etc. "

- However the major point is that it really seems to me that the use of an external drive with an USB interface is the origin of my problems. As I said previously I proceed differently and do not use external drives to process the data. When I will have accumulated enough results concerning  the future records I will let you know.

I will appreciate your comments and if possible an answer to the surprising "check tests results"

Cypheros

Zitat* something I do not understand : The results after processing ( 17 warnings/11 errors) becomes 0 warning and only 3 errors after checking the "fixed" file, Why ?

Most of the problem will be fixed by TS-Doctor but some not. In your case I guess the AC3 CRC errors are not fixed. Replacing the demaged AC3 frame with silence or override of the CRC can make the problemes worse and more noticeable.

TUK

Hi,

I do not quite understand your last comment :

- The situation before processing was 60 warnings, 40 errors ( 34 video + 3 audio Mpeg1)
- After processing the fixed file shows  17 warnings/11 errors (6 video + 2 audio Mpeg1) which is a large improvment, everything OK at this point.
- If I apply now to the fixed file the check test, it shows at the end 0 warning and only 2 audio errors.

I would have expected to find the same numbers of errors after check than before (I suppose that no improvment can occur after a check test) ?

Cypheros

OK, I see what you mean. After processing TS-Doctor shows the errors found during processing the file but no counter for the fixed or remaining errors. Yes that's true.

The errors are fixed during the first processing of course, not the check test.

TUK

Hi,

- OK, the informations given after processing do not give the real situation. If one needs to know it, it is mandatory to perform Check test .

- In the table already communicated (test_summary.jpeg ), there were 3 columns : check test before and after processig + the result of the processing. This intermediate column do not then give a reliable information to measure the performance of the routine. It is then necessary to perform 2 Check tests to have it ( before & after).

- I made several records processings  since a few days on an internal HDD and ( I am crossing my fingers) no more errors as in the past. I do not know if it is said in a manual but this should indicated in red " never use an external HDD to save and process the data" !

Thanks anyway for your efforts and explanations

www.cypheros.de