Functionnality request

Begonnen von guerinp, April 09, 2015, 18:48:26

« vorheriges - nächstes »

guerinp

Hello,

First, thank you for this valuable software.
Then, my request...
Is it possible to add, in the future, a way to add marks for chapters, say in the cutting process,
and produce a file with the same name and different extension containing timestamps
taking in account the cuts done.
Actually after recording french TV channels, I took some time to remove video at the beginning
and end and advertising. Save the final video.
Apply Handbrake to produce H264 in mp4 container.
Then replay to find the places I want to mark as chapters, build my chapters file
and least apply mp4box to add chapters.

Having chapter markers should ease the whole process.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Patrice.

ErichV

Unfortunately, *.ts files do not support chapter marks.
1 x Humax ESD-160S, 1x TechniSat TechniBox S4, 2x TechniSat Skystar USB 2 HD CI, Nvidia Shield TV Media Streaming Player, TS Doctor 4.0.38, DVBViewer Pro 7.2.5.0 mit DVBViewer Media Server 3.2.5.0

guerinp

Hello ErichV,

Yes, I know that.
This is not the goal... Maybe my explanation is not clear...
I just want to have a file with translated timestamps according to the video cuts.
For example, I Have a 40mn video.
I cut the first 10mn, put a chapter mark à 12mn and 20mn
After cutting I got a file like that (time codes format, for example)
00:00:00 Chapter 1
00:02:00 Chapter 2
00:10:00 Chapter 3

After converting to H264 in mp4 container, mp4box will do the job.
No need to play the ts file (after cut) to find the timestamps of chapters.
P.

ErichV

Oh, I see.
Yes, this would be nice.  ;D
1 x Humax ESD-160S, 1x TechniSat TechniBox S4, 2x TechniSat Skystar USB 2 HD CI, Nvidia Shield TV Media Streaming Player, TS Doctor 4.0.38, DVBViewer Pro 7.2.5.0 mit DVBViewer Media Server 3.2.5.0

Djfe

yeah it would be nice if the TSD could export chapter markers as .csv files that you are able to import in Handbrake

the thing is:
right now you can only import chapter names but not timestamps (according to their wiki https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/ChapterMarkers)

I created a feature request in their forum to add that functionality https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32230
once that's in Cypheros could add such a feature

ErichV

Zitat von: Djfe am April 10, 2015, 20:30:12
yeah it would be nice if the TSD could export chapter markers as .csv files ...

and *.xml files for *.mkv.  :D

www.cypheros.de