Recording Details window truncating text

Begonnen von jaydear, März 04, 2016, 00:29:29

« vorheriges - nächstes »

jaydear

The "Recording Details" window is not displaying the full text available in the TS datastream. It would be great to be able to see all the text that has been transmitted. There's plenty of spare space in that window  :)
The.Doctor is the ants' pants :)

Cypheros

Strange. TS-Doctor is collecting data from many sources. Could you upload a sample to identify the problem?

jaydear

Uploading Gigabit-sized files from regional Australia is out for speed and quota reasons so I have been trying to cut out a sample to upload to you. If I use the "Prepare Cutting" window I find that the portion of video I save has the details from a show hours prior, so that's no good. We also still have the multiple entries problem just to confuse things even more. I also tried the "Raw Cutter" but trying to find relevant in and out points is an exercise in frustration. It would be nice if the raw cutter could work from the timeline. I've tried v1.2.184 and v2.0.24 without success. All this coupled with the multiple entries problem just makes it too bleedin' confusing. Sorry, I did try  :-[

Cypheros

We could send you a USB stick. If you save some of the problem files to the stick and send the stick back to us, we would analyse and fix the problems.

jaydear

Happy to do that, but just PM me your postal address and I'll send you some files on a micro SD which you can send back later on. It'll be cheaper to post a little flat card - Australian postal charges have gone up a lot lately, thanks to eBay & China  :o

jaydear

I'm still seeing shortened text in the description window in v2.0.55, can you please allow all the text the broadcaster includes?

Cypheros

Hi, I would like to have all text appear correctly but broadcasters changing their settings on a regular basis. Maybe they are trying new setting to reduce bitrate or compatibility issues but use strange parameters to do so.

Please use "TS Packet Filter" under expert tools to remove space wasting streams from such an example and send me the resulting file:
[attachimg=1]

Important to me is "EIT" !

jaydear

I can do that, but the file is still too big for me to send over the internet. Australia must have the crappiest and most expensive internet access in the world! So I thought I'd be clever and use the raw cutter to just select one program out of the stream, but using the raw cutter is an exercise in sheer frustration - grrrrrrrrr  >:( 

There's no way to know what you're selecting... where, for instance, can I find out the packet numbers for the start and end of a program? Entering numbers into the start and end windows interacts with the size... it just seems impossible, sorry - too effing hard for my brain.

It would be incredibly good if I could select some portion of the stream in the Cutting window and have the option of seeing packet numbers instead of time. Currently, the raw cutter seems only capable of selecting random portions.

Cypheros

The relation between packet number and time is not as simple as it sounds. There are different delays between audio and video streams. In many cases Teletext and subtitles have missing or strange PTS timer.
What I need is the EIT stream. You can try to use the packet filter to remove all streams except EIT. Then use the Raw Cutter zu reduce the size.

jaydear

OK, I think the file I'm sending might contain what you need. I used the TS Packet viewer to have a look at the data and to try and find in/out points for the raw cutter. Didn't help much. It might be good if there was a search function in there. Anyway, let me know if the file is no use and I'll have another go.

Cypheros

Thanks, I will check the file and report.

jaydear

V2.0.58 seems only to be detecting first program in stream.

jaydear

Update... Seems to be broadcaster selective

Cypheros

jaydear

Channel 9 Sydney - I'll send you an EIT file

www.cypheros.de