Encrypted video files

Begonnen von Luca91, Mai 14, 2015, 21:31:47

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Luca91

Hi all,
I've recently bought an LG Smart TV that comes with NetCast. I've recorded a tv show and I'd like to move it on my computer, so I googled and found a guide that explain how to do this on my TV.
I've done the following:
1) Recorded the tv show
2) Connected the HDD to my linux pc (I use only linux on my pc, so a big thank you Cypheros for supporting TS Doctor thru Wine :)
3) Copied the STR files on my pc hdd (using root)
4) Open those STR files using TS Doctor
Now the problem is that TS Doctor refuse to open these files because they are encrypted.

I'd like to know if there is anything we can do to decrypt them. Is possible to reverse engineer the encryption method and decrypt it ?

PS: I'm using the trial version of TS Doctor, but I'll buy the full version if I manage to convert these video files.

PPS: I'm including a rar archive with a small recording, in case anyone need it to give a look at the encrypted files (the video file is the one ending with STR )

Mam

Sorry, no chance  ???
TV Sets and many sat receivers too only store the videos encrypted, even if the original broadcast was not encrypted at all.
And there is no known way yet to overcome this (unless you decide to buy a "real" receiver which does not do such crappy things).

Very little hope can be waiting for a currently ongoing development. If your tv set allows playback (streaming) on a network device there will be a chance that the pc equipped with this program will simulate a streaming device to the tv but instead of playing back the movie it will save it unencrypted to the pc's hard disk.
Afterwards you can manipulate the clip in all the ways that you want.
But, as I said, its still far to be finished yet and the other drawback will be that the speed is limited to "realtime", so tranfering a 2hr movie to the pc will really take 2hrs.

Luca91

I was not able to upload the rar archive. If needed I can upload it on Mega and the post the link here.

Damn I hate those DRM things....  >:(

Mam

Zitat von: Luca91 am Mai 14, 2015, 22:03:25
I was not able to upload the rar archive. If needed I can upload it on Mega and the post the link here.

Damn I hate those DRM things....  >:(
Forget the upload, nobody will be able to make head&tails out of that file.
Its even common among those sick devices that the recording can only be played back on THAT particular device. You cannot even take out the HD / Stick and watch the movie on a 2nd TV set even if its exactly the same type.

Cypheros

Mam is right. That silly TV manufacturers encrypt anything even if it's not needed.
Only for older Samsung TVs is a decryption tool available.

Djfe

wanted to say the same thing cypheros already said:

it's possible for older Samsung TVs because they save the DRM key in the files next to the encrypted movie (which is of course silly and therefore sadly fixed in newer versions of the TVs)

the newer TVs have the encryption key in hardware or something so you couldn't read it out (maybe in the future)

partially about LG: http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?t=6574&start=160

Something that would work if the files weren't encrypted (that guy probably didn't realize, that he could simply rename srt to ts but whatever ;D )
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/345452-STR-file-format-from-SmartTV-%28need-video-expert-for-reverse-engeneering-%29
http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.php/Tutorial:_How_to_extract_movies_from_an_LG_DVR/PVR_HDD

www.cypheros.de