EPG not alwais showed at timeline (Orginal name: improving processing speed)

Begonnen von ThaHandy, Juni 25, 2014, 01:36:17

« vorheriges - nächstes »

ThaHandy

Hi,

Love your program, (after some hickups  ;) )

When processing a cutted HD-stream TS-file, I've noticed its not using full CPU power (60% or 15% @ quad core)
or maxed out the HDD I/O when its easy can reach +100MB/s (note: processing from Hard disk:A  to Hard disk:B)
Processing a 18GB raw file to a 10GB cutted version takes about 9min.

You're able to explain (somehow) how its doing it's thing or I'm missing something?

Regards,

ps. any luck on customize the shortcuts on the marker and play/F/I/1s/10m buttons? I do a lot of manual work :)
ps2. EPG is not always showed in main/edit screen, but its "scanning" EPG information.

Cypheros

Processing speed is limited because of IO performance of your mainboard. If CPU is not at 100% on the core TS-Doctor is using, TS-Doctor has to wait for the Data to be read or written. Remember that a processing speed of 50MByte/sec means that 50MBytes/sec has to be read and 50MBytes/sec has to be written at the same time. You will have a throughput in the SATA controller of 100MBytes/sec.

Could you post a log of such a file, where you have trouble with the EPG data?

ThaHandy

thanks for clarifying

About EPG, see attachment

and was not able to see/find any kind of logs TS-Doctor is creating

Cypheros

For any new file TS-Doctor creates a log file. The log file has the same name as new file but with the file extension .log. The log has much more technical details.

ThaHandy

Yes, I know that one, but I'm not there yet. I'm Just opening the file.

One file It's showing EPG info at the time line other file its not.

Cypheros

Just create a new file, without cutting and post the log of the processing.

Djfe

you can enable a log window in the general tab of the settings window (it's called: "show log window")

the log window will be attached to the main window and contain all logs until the analyze is complete ;)

the are shortcuts for the buttons in the cutting window already
hover with your mouse over each individual button and it will show the button to you

+- Frame for example you can do by using the arrow keys

ThaHandy

Zitat von: Djfe am Juni 26, 2014, 10:34:27
you can enable a log window in the general tab of the settings window (it's called: "show log window")

the log window will be attached to the main window and contain all logs until the analyze is complete ;)
thanks, thats the one i was looking for  ;D

Zitat
the are shortcuts for the buttons in the cutting window already
hover with your mouse over each individual button and it will show the button to you

+- Frame for example you can do by using the arrow keys
I'm aware of this, but prefer other key binds.

Cypheros:
added a log file for u

Cypheros

Log looks good, only the description is strange. Did you change the EPG description to "top_secret" ?

ThaHandy

If logs look good, beside the EPG description (yes, changed for a reason) Can't tell why its not showing at the time line?

Cypheros

Cypheros

I have an idea, need some time to check it.
I guess TS-Doctor can't detect the beginning and the end of the recording because the time table(SDT) is missing.
Could you provide a short sample recording (10-20MB)? Not need to be from that recording, can be a part of the commercials, just the same TV channel, so I can analyse the teletext.

You can send it to support (et) cypheros.de .

ThaHandy

Update for the rest of us.

1.2.130(Beta)
- Screenshot in cutting window via shortcut "[Alt] i"
- Teletext analysis for Italian channels added (Rai1,Rai2,Rai3,Canale5,Italia1,TGCom24)
- Better detection of the recording start via Teletext even for unknown channels
- Detection of recordings of Dutch TV stations NED1, NED2 and NED3 via cable

All fixed now!

www.cypheros.de